Narriman Begueret’s 5 tips list about the online tools to find and hire international high skilled professionals
Narriman Begueret studied Psychology in Paris before becoming a headhunter at French firm Eurêka. In 2006, she moved to Montreal and was hired as a Recruiting Consultant by leading IT company CGI’s human resources department. In 2010, she was promoted to the position of Global Mobility Coordinator.
We asked her for five tips on how to recruit international talent:
- Define a strategy:Almost every company in the world is facing an international talent war! Companies must define exactly what they’re looking for, what they want to say about their brand, and who their target audience is. It is very important that companies develop a fresh and consistent message. Attracting talent is critical to company success, no matter the company size.
- Use your corporate website: Your corporate website must be the center of your Web strategy: it gives candidates information on your company’s history, values, opportunities and benefits, as well as an idea of the kind of people you are looking for! With enough company visibility, the Internet can be a great hiring tool. As an example, check out CGI’s career page at www.cgi.com/careers.
- Use multiple tools: According to Narriman,companies need to diversify the places to search for the right candidate. The more places companies search in, the better. By communicating through multiple channels, companies can broaden their search: use places where you look for candidates and others where candidates look for you. It’s a push-pull system between talent and companies. The main idea is to be visible on every tool possible: websites, social media, conferences, job boards, metabrowsers, etc. In addition, companies must define and select technology solutions that will enhance their recruitment process.
- Attend fairs and conventions:Narriman says that having a stand at conventions and fairs organized by the government and some of its partners (e.g., Destination Canada) can also be a good source of new leads.
- Help new members integrate: The last tip is to develop processes and tools to help new hires integrate into the company and into their new country. New hires and their families must adapt to a new world and a new culture. The better the support, the sooner the new hire will integrate, feel comfortable, become efficient and add value to the organization.
There are multiple tools online that HR professionals can use to find the perfect candidate. However, Narriman adds that there are many other ways to attract talents, and the ones above are just the main ones. To be successful in international recruitment you must diversify your approaches and be proactive. With the Web, the possibilities are endless, as is the creativity you can use to conduct your search.
What other tool would you recommend? Which one do you use personally? Share with us your own tips!
We would like to thank CGI and Narriman Begueret for their time. We look forward to having you visit our next five-tip list!